Monday, April 13, 2009

Denmark vs Sweden via Norway

We thought we should kicksstart this great week with a battle.

The WBC just around the corner and the whole coffeecommunity on it´s toes for a culinaric marathon in Atlanta.

I was just in my hometown Göteborg, Sweden and quickly had a chat with headroaster Per at da Matteo.
He gave me some of the coffee he roasts for Swedish champion Mattias Björklund (Daterra Reserve and Beloya). 
And since we roast the coffee for Danish champion Morten Vestenaa  (100 % Idido Aricha), we feel we have to put both in the grinders (separate :) and see what happpens.

We´ll try to imitate both baristas techniques to be as true to their intentions as possible.

Who´s going to pull the shots ? The two champions are not here, and we could easily start argueing if I would be honest (or just good enough) when pulling a danish shot and viceversa.

In this case we  are happy to have a truely scandinavian crew at our roastery, not just swedes or danes.

We'll let our norweigan barista Sara Sundby be the very objective shotmaster to keep everybody happy.

So, today, come by and have 2 remarkable espressos side by side. Before everybody else !


6 comments:

Klaus Thomsen said...

I hope there's some left for when I get back to Copenhagen tomorrow...

Linus Törsäter said...

Looking bad on your behalf Klaus, that´s what happens when you sit down for too long at mum´s easterdinner.

Morten Vestenaa said...

I am exited to see what the outcome is going to be! bet you will like the Ethiopian coffee!! ;-)

Johan Damgaard said...

Great Event that should have its own spot before WBC every year.
Could you please send us a quarter or 2 so we can do the same in Stockholm? Which coffee did you get from Per? The West coast or the East coast roast?
I think I will manage finding a neutral Barista here as well.
send it to Johan & Nyström, Swedenborgsgatan 7 in Stockholm. Bill me if you want. No probs.
And of course I keep an extra finger crossed for my second country in the WBC,
Johan

Linus Törsäter said...

Hi Johan,

We got both East and West. I only had the chance to try west (surprise !) before going to Atlanta, but I'll send on the request to Peter and Casper and hopefully they will sort something out- it´s very easy for me to sit over here direct the roastery, marvelous sensation !

See you and forza Gbg and Sthlm !

johan damgaard said...

Forza Sweden and Denmark. Thanks mate and have a great WBC.
But who won?

 
'